Snakebite-A in the red bottle is an acidic tile & grout cleaner designed to be used only when tile is not responding to traditional alkaline cleaning methods. Snakebite-A works by using an inorganic acid to etch and remove the top, thinnest layer from the tile surface taking hard water deposits, soap scum, and other soils along with it! ALWAYS PRE-TEST. DO NOT USE ON GLAZE TILE OR ANY TILE THAT CONTAINS CALCIUM. COVER SURFACES AROUND TILE INCLUDING METAL. PRODUCT WILL ETCH METAL. pH: 2.
- Always pre-test. Cover any metal surfaces surrounding tile area.
- Mix 1-1 with hot water.
- Pre-spray surface evenly with pump sprayer. Agitate to assist cleaning process.
- Rinse thoroughly with water through tile cleaning tool.
- Apply Snakebite Alkaline Tile Cleaner (in the green bottle) to tile surface at 1:32 dilution to neutralize.
- Rinse again with water through tile cleaning tool. This will prevent Snakebite-A from gradually degrading the tile surface.
- **SNAKEBITE-A WILL DAMAGE MARBLE, LIMESTONE, AND OTHER SOFT TILES THAT CONTAIN CALCIUM. DO NOT MIX WITH OTHER CHEMICALS. STORE IN ORIGINAL CONTAINER.
View Snakebite-A (Acid) SDS here.